Had an Accident?
Suddenly you are in the middle of a car crash. Hopefully no one is injured but your car needs repair. Check out our Handy Checklist of what to do in the event of an accident.
- Switch off vehicle
- Turn hazard lights on
- Make accident scene safe – keep everyone off the road and at a distance from the accident - erect a reflective triangle sign if you have one
- Check for injuries and render assistance if required
- Stay calm. Remember, you and the other involved party may be experiencing shock. Do not overreact, make rash decisions or admit guilt or liability
- Exchange details with involved party including name, registration number and insurance company details
- Obtain contact details from any witnesses of the accident
- Advise your insurance company and/or tow truck driver that you wish Brown & Paterson to repair your car and provide them with each other's details
- If it needs to be towed advise your insurance company or tow truck driver that you want your vehicle to be repaired at Brown and Paterson.
* If a police officer attends you must provide your name and address. You will be given an incident reference number - keep this safe.
* If police do not attend they must be notified within 48 hours if there are injuries and/or any damage to another person's car or property.
- OR -
Call Brown & Paterson directly and we will arrange to have the car towed.
Drive your car if it is not roadworthy
If your car is still roadworthy, drive it directly to Brown & Paterson. Lodge a claim with your insurance company as repairs cannot take place until the claim number has been accepted. Supply them with details of the accident including the involved party’s details and the incident reference number supplied by the police, if applicable.
Brown & Paterson will assess the damage and give you an estimate of and time frame for repairs.
We will contact you as soon as your vehicle is repaired, cleaned and inspected to the highest industry standards.